The deadline to submit the Form 720, "Informative statement on assets and rights located abroad" for the year 2022 is on March 31st.
Who is obliged to fill this form?
Every natural and legal person residing in the Spanish territory, as long as they exceed 50.000€ for any of these categories:
- Accounts in credit institutions
- Values, funds, insurances and income
- Properties and rights on real estate
Those taxpayers who have already filed a declaration in the past year 2022 will be required to present the declaration for the year 2022 if any of these circumstances is given:
- If any balance set of any of the categories reported in the last declaration, has experienced an increase of 20,000 €.
- If the ownership of any of the goods declared before has been lost.
When do you need to submit Form 720?
The deadline will be between January 1st and March 31st, 2023. The transmission of the informative statement has to be done electronically.
In accordance with Law 5/2022, of March 9, the necessary amendments were introduced to adapt the legislation of model 720 to European law.
This law modifies Law 27/2024, of November 27, on Corporation Tax, and the Consolidated Text of Non-Resident Income Tax, approved by Royal Legislative Decree 5/2044, of March 5, in relation to the hybrid asymmetries:
- Repeal of the 150% penalty (sole repeal provision)
- Elimination of fixed fines from €100 to €5,000/data (Fourth final provision)
- Elimination of unjustified capital gains and imprescriptibility due to non-presentation within the term of model 720 (Fifth final provision)
For more information and advice, contact TAX Economists & Lawyers.